Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I'm a Real Estate..... Assistant?!?!


What do you think it means to be a Real Estate Assistant? Is it being a power hungry Realtor’s lackey? Is it drowning in endless paperwork? Is it following your boss around from client to client, house to house, taking notes? I’ll tell you this, I thought it was all of the above… and I was WRONG!
I started out with absolutely no experience in real estate knowing only what I had learned from Property Brothers, House Hunters, Property Virgins and the like. Well, turns out, those shows don’t teach us how to be Realtors, or even how to be effective Real Estate Assistants; go figure!
I was lucky enough to join a team of Realtors who are very easy going and let me and my strong personality figure things out for myself. Now don’t get me wrong, I ask A LOT of questions and have taken all my bosses recommendations but I have mostly been working alone and choosing my own projects I feel would benefit the team.

My first couple months were mostly dedicated to learning and managing client and transaction databases through trial and error. I’m also slowly learning how to input listing information into MLS, completing all the necessary transactional documentation, and learning how to use the Real Estate Websites effectively. I’ve helped out with more mundane but necessary tasks such as stuffing envelopes for thank you and Christmas cards, and I’m also working on creating branded checklists my bosses can include in buyer and seller packages to make things a little easier for their clients.

I’m not going to lie and say everything is always sunshine and rainbows and that there have been no challenges. Sometimes I get discouraged and feel like I’m not contributing as much as I’d like to be, sometimes I feel like I won’t learn everything I need to know before becoming an agent myself, and sometimes I see everything my bosses do and all that is involved in being a Realtor and I worry about whether  or not I will be able to pull it off when I get my license. This entire process is terrifying and exciting all at the same time. I constantly have to turn my brain off and stop thinking about my future real estate career and concentrate on the present.

This is just the beginning; there is still so much to learn and so much to accomplish. I’ll be sure to post more about my journey, and to include the good and the bad, and of course, I will get up close and personal about real estate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Wikipedia

Search results

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *